Friday, June 18, 2010

Planting Log: Journal Entry 4/28/2010

10 days in, I've tried to visit ever few days. Everything looks like it has made it past the initial stages, though the petunias looked a little sad on Monday when I visited. Noticed a few ants today. Definitely want to keep an eye on the slant effecting the way the plants water in any way in the future. Mulching may help that. Plan to go back tomorrow and fertilize. Saw a teeny bit of growth on some things. I think this is good patience practice. It makes me really happy to have this garden.

In the margins:
What do I do about the ants? Does it matter?
When do I put out the ginger to prevent the slugs?
Look up how to use herbs!

Big Questions:
When do I water?
When do I weed/mulch?
How regular do I fertilize?
Do I do anything besides weed, water and train to keep them going?
Have I totally messed up already?



No comments:

Post a Comment