Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Planting Log: Journal Entry 5/17/2010 & Asking an Angel!

There was more light rain. I installed the three small trellises on the cucumbers and 2 squash plants.
--

There was a blog post on the Aptos Garden website about an offer of advice from a gardening expert. I decided it probably couldn't hurt to have her come and review things for me. At the worst, she would help me stop my problems before they got bad, and hopefully instead she would quiet my anxiety about being a new gardener. I emailed her and we set up a time to meet at the garden one morning, and it was fantastic. Pam came and was awesome. She helped me figure out that I was pretty much on the right path, and answered a few lingering questions I had. I was pretty sure I was headed in the right direction, but was also certain that I'd be pretty pissed at myself in 3 months if there were things that could have been easily done or remedied. She confirmed what some friends had said, the mint plants had to go. She also confirmed I was pushing it a bit with my spacing, but was probably going to do okay.

All in all, it was a great visit, and mostly just made me continue my excitement about the "community" aspect of things. My mantra of "I'm not in this alone" persists. I am super appreciative that Pam took time out of her schedule to help me feel better, and she certainly helped keep the momentum going. Thanks Pam!

Are you a fellow Aptos Gardener? Do you need help from Pam? Contact her below:
GoddessOfOrganization.com
Organizational Solutions for Home and Office
www.goddessoforganization.com
(831) 840-5870


QUESTION:
What is some of the best gardening advice you have ever received?



No comments:

Post a Comment